Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Funday

Today was another productive Sunday full of meal making with Rachael in her home. Prepping your meals ahead of time has so many benefits:
1. It is actually cheaper.
2. Helps you make healthier choices.
3. Saves you time during the week.
....Have I convinced you yet? Should I keep going?
4. Give you a day full of bonding if you cook with others.


Rachael got right to work on Weight Watcher's Vegetable Soup.
Then on to
- Crock Pot Turkey Chili
- Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
Weight Watcher's Easy Fried Rice
- Baked Kale Chips

I cooked:
- Spaghetti Pie
I made three batches (1 to eat tonight and 2 to freeze). I swapped out the ground beef for ground turkey and skipped the green peppers. Each pie came out to under $5.

AN AFTER DINNER UPDATE: Making these was the best decision of 2013. Delicious.

- Banana Bread (it was necessary to add chocolate chips to this)

When I returned home I ate half of a spaghetti pie and then I prepared my dinner for tomorrow night.

This is "Salmon in a Bag" - Tin foil, lemon, salmon, butter, pepper – Wrap it up tightly and bake for 25 minutes at 300 °. I found it on pinterest and I am sure tomorrow night's meal will be fabulous (I'll be adding rice and veggies for the sides).


Being productive on a Sunday is always a good feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment