- Containers. This really is a no brainer folks. The dollar store sells a variety of containers from plastic, glass, to fabric lined. This is a great deal when you have to buy one for every student in your class. These can be used to store folders, supplies, books, etc. The dollar store will also carry containers to go with the seasons and holidays.
- Shampoo. Now this I really didn't believe but according to Consumer Reports, spending money on expensive shampoos does not improve hair any better than cheap store-brand shampoos. The only difference you will notice is the smell will not be as strong but your hair will be just as clean. Many dollar stores are carrying name brands like L'Oreal, Pantene, and Suave.
- Party Supplies. How many times do you reuse your party supplies for each themed party you have? That's right - never. The quality of materials may not be as great but it all looks the same and will last through out the entire party.
- Frames. Again, the quality will not be the same but they are just as cute and functional. You can spray paint them to make them any color you wish!
- Teacher Supplies. From stickers to pocket charts, I've seen it all at the dollar store.
- Paper Products. You're going to get what you paid for here. Poor quality napkins that rip and you'll end up using double or triple the sheets/towels. Not worth it.
- Pet Food. The knock off brands might not use the same ingredients and make your furry friends sick. It isn't worth the risk.
- Oven Mitts. I'm speaking from experience when I say SKIP THIS ITEM. They are not made with the same material and are a lot thinner. It will not do the job of keeping out the heat. And as they say..If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Happy Thrifty Shopping!