Sunday, June 16, 2013

DIY Furniture Revamp!

My boyfriend and I will be moving into an apartment in two weeks. I have been garage sale and thrift store hunting for some great deals to fill our new space. This time of year is a great time to hit up some garage sales. The weather is great and people are eager to clean out their homes. I found a lot of yard sales using YardSaleSearch.com. When you are hunting, do not let the color or appearance of an item turn you away. It is so simple to change the look of any item.

I bought this corner shelf unit for $15 at a multi-family garage sale. I simply sprayed on some spray paint and I have a the shelf I want. I get my spray paint at Wal-Mart for about $3.50 a can.

I also sprayed a lazy susan and a knife block a pretty blue for a pop of color in the new kitchen.

I made sure to cover the parts I didn't want exposed to the spray paint with blue painter's tape.



I also found a great place to find home goods, the Habitat for Humanity ReStore (find a location here) You can get sofas, hardware, kitchen cabinets, refrigerators and more!

I was able to get this bookcase for $5! And all of your money goes to benefit Habitat for Humanity!


I will be using this to hold shoes for our new entry way. I will be on a hunt for some cute bins to place on the shelves to work as a drawers.


When you are moving into your first place, there is no need to break the bank, even if you are starting from scratch. Hit up yard sales, thrift stores, Goodwills, and Restores FIRST. Do what you can to make your hard earned money go far!




No comments:

Post a Comment