Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What Every Teacher Should Have in Their Sub Plans...

Adding a mini phone directory at the top of your sub plans is a wonderful idea. Many teachers place their phone list by their phone or on a bulletin board. In an overwhelming moment, having your directory on your sub plans will make your substitute teacher's life a lot easier. I was in a classroom once where I needed to get a hold of the guidance counselor during a "situation". I did not know where the teacher kept her phone list. I had to quickly leave my class and run across the hall to the next teacher to ask for the extension.

Having the phone list right on my plans would have solved my problems! This teacher included all phone extensions and highlighted the names I would possibly need the most: nurse, principal, grade partners, office...

This teacher gets an A+!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment