Thursday, January 30, 2014

How to Survive Cabin Fever




I don't know about you all but I am SICK of snow and I am sick of this cold weather. Be gone frigid air, BE GONE!!!!! If icy roads and horribly low temperature are keeping you inside, stay put and read my top ten list of ways to survive cabin fever.

1. Pamper Yourself
Exfoliate with body scrubs, give yourself a facial, and paint your nails.

2. Bake
 Try out some recipes you have been wanting to bake. If you are running low on ingredients with no chance of making it to the store try two-ingredient cookies from Pocket Full of Sugar.

3. Netflix Binge
Here are my top three shows I have binge watched:
    1. Friday Night Lights (5 seasons)
    2. Parenthood (4 seasons)
    3. Orange is the New Black (1 season)

4. Purge and maybe sell?
 Start spring cleaning early. Decide if any of the stuff you want to toss would be worth anything. If so, take some pictures of it and list it on eBay. They say one man's trash is another man's treasure so you might as well make a profit out of it.

5. Wine and Cocktails
yeah, I don't think I need to explain that. If you're going to be stuck inside, drink until your heart's content. 

6. Attempt to make some sellable items for TPT
If you are a sub like me, you don't get paid for the days you don't work, including snow days. Play around and make some original worksheets to sell on TeachersPayTeachers.

7. Workout at home
It's so cold outside that even leaving the house to drive to the gym is torturous. Find some fun printable workout guides on Pinterest or videos on Youtube and get your sweat on.

8. Rearrange the furniture
It's a good workout and a fun change.

9. Wash your make up brushes 
If you are like me, you put off washing your make up brushes. Seriously, just go, take 10 minutes and wash them! 

10. Light a candle and sit with that good book you've been waiting to read 
Enjoy the slow snow day(s) because life moves too fast.


P.S: Happy 100th blog post to me!!



No comments:

Post a Comment