Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Funday

We are ending our first week of 2013 and entering our second. Here are some tips to continue a fresh new year!

1. Flowers
Courtesy of my boyfriend, flowers can add a new energy into any space. My vase is a mason jar with SMASH tape around it. I mentioned this tape in an earlier post.

2. Pre-made breakfast sandwiches
I make these every Sunday to prepare for my week. You need eggs, cheese, and english muffins. I bake my eggs in muffin tins in the oven. This gives them a good shape to fit into the english muffin. After assembling the sandwiches, I wrap them separately in wax paper. Store them in the freezer. Pull one out the night before and put it in the fridge. In the morning simply pop them in the microwave for about a minute. (This is why your don't wrap them in tin foil unless you want a fire in your kitchen!)

This will save you time and money. Assembling them all on a Sunday will only take 20 minutes of your time. Each sandwich will be about $1.45. You'll thank yourself when you are running late and can grab these delicious sandwiches.

3. Expense Report

Sounds intimidating but tracking your expenses will help you see the bigger picture of your spending. It is so easy to swipe your debit card and at the end of the month think "I did pretty good this month". Start saving your receipts and at the end of the month fill in the expense report I made found here. This spreadsheet has the formulas already installed so all you have to do is fill in the numbers and the spreadsheet will do the rest. I have in there some categories we all use and others specific to me so feel free to edit and chance the titles to your liking.



2 comments:

  1. The breakfast sandwich idea is awesome! I am always looking for fast breakfast ideas - this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment! It makes the mornings...especially Mondays so much better! I checked out your blog - it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete