Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sub Extras

I have mentioned in previous posts ( seen here and here ) some items that are a good idea to have with you during your days as a substitute teacher. Guess what, I have more ideas on what to bring!


1. A BIG water bottle

Who knows if you will be able to find a water source other than a bathroom sink to refill during the day. If you don't want to waste time at a school you have never been to before you probably will not be searching (or have the time) to find the teacher's lounge. You will be doing A LOT of talking so you'll want to have that water by your side. My water bottle has my name on it too.


**** Label your lunch bag with your name!!! I left mine at a school and had to go back the next day to retrieve it. The secretary was able to hold it and return it to me.

2. Something to write with

3. A notebook....that stands out

You may find some great ideas in a classroom that you don't want to forget or want to jot down something adorable a student says to you. I like having a notebook with me to write down whatever I need, including notes to the teacher. My advice is to get a notebook with a fun pattern that stands out so it is easy to locate if you place it somewhere in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment